- Small class size led by a certified teacher
- Creative play that allows students to think critically, solve problems creatively, and develop a love of learning
- Spalding Phonics, Reading Groups, Handwriting Without Tears, Investigative Science, Hands-On Math
- Smartboard technology supported instruction
- Leadership opportunities through chapel and special responsibilities on campus
In math, our teachers base a scope and sequence on the Texas Standards incorporating a hands-on math approach using journals and daily calendar binders. Students get independent time weekly to explore math concepts. The beauty of having small classes with shared assistants is that there is much opportunity for individual and small group learning based on student ability and interest with support from a teacher.
Our teachers extend this knowledge base into writing as students first draw, then apply graphemes and phonograms to help put their thoughts into comprehensible words. It’s amazing how one day a student can go from, “I don’t know how to read” to decoding his or her first word AND writing it– that’s when the magic happens!